CANDLE CARE & SAFETY
ORANGE GROVE Luxury Soy/Coconut Candles are an investment for a special scent and ambiance in your home or a wonderful gift for someone.
To get the best out of your candles, you really need to remember a few points.
A lot of testing goes into all candles to ensure you will get the full potential of each one. Once the candle goes home with you it is no longer in our control. So here is a few tips to help you understand and care for your candles.
1, 2, 3 most important tips
- Trim the wick to a ¼ inch before each use and only cut when the wax is hard, don’t make it too short or it wont burn, don’t let it get too long as it will bend & end up in the wax.
- When you light your candle for the first time let it burn and melt all the way to the edge of the glass or container. This will stop it from just burning in a tunnel down the middle and leaving unused wax at the sides.
- Do not burn your candle for more then 3-4 hours at a time.
Even though candles don’t have brains, they do have memory. Yup they do :)
Have you ever lit a jar candle, only to blow it out a half-hour later as you leave the house? Chances are the melt pool – the area of melted wax – never reached the side of the container.
While this may not seem like a big deal at the time, it can lead to some wasted wax down the road. That’s because the next time you light the candle, it will be inclined to “tunnel” (burn a hole down the middle) rather than form a melt pool all the way to the edges.
That’s what we mean when we say a candle has a ‘memory.’ A narrower melt pool will also cause a scented candle to emit less fragrance than it would otherwise.
How to help a candle’s ‘memory’
Try to make sure you burn the candle long enough for the melt pool to reach the edges of the container. Often this means leaving the candle lit for one hour for every inch of the candle’s diameter.
Wick Dippers. This simply brilliant and easy to use tool provides a smoke-free, cleaner option for extinguishing your candles. Simply dip the lit wick into the melted wax pool, and voila! You can order then from Orange Grove here. You can also use a match.
- Never leave candle burning unattended.
- Always place on a heat resistant surface.
- Keep away from pets and children.
- Don't let the candle burn down to the very very bottom as the heat may cause the container to break or even explode.
See our candles here